Sunday, February 12, 2012

My rose hair tarantula is making a lot of webs all over her cage this is the first time shes done this?

She molted for the first (that I know of) last month now she is very differnt she is faster, eats more and has made webs all over the bottom of here cage my mom said it may be her nest but I don't know. can some one WITH a rose hair or experince with one help

My rose hair tarantula is making a lot of webs all over her cage this is the first time shes done this?
What do you need help with? She's a tarantula that just got a sensitive shiny new skin. She's enjoying herself! That's just what they do.
Reply:I have a rosehair...

Just about all tarantulas are a lot more active and very hungry after a molt. With the webbing though, I almost wonder if your's might have molted into a mature male..

They are a lot more active then females. They also will build what's called a 'sperm web'. It almost looks like a little tent up against the side of the container that they'll crawl under upside down.

Even if yours is a male, Rosies tend to live a decent amount of time. I have a rosie male going on 3 years since his ultimate molt. Males won't molt again once they mature, they just eventually die whereas females can live over 20 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment